The Performance Mentor
Child Modelling Tips
Title: Child Modelling Tips
Modelling is a competitive field where a successful career is not guaranteed.
Anyone interested in choosing this field to get into needs to know the realities before jumping in. Modelling can begin at an early age and is never easy. There is a lot of competition out there but there is also a lot of work for the right people so keep calm and wait for the right opportunity.
Some things that you should remember when it comes to your child’s modelling career:
- You do not have to spend much money to get started.
- You do not need to spend money on a professional photo shoot when starting out.
- Your child does not need to go to modelling school.
- Reputable agencies should not charge you a fee just for signing up.
- Reputable agencies can get you the big contracts but there is no 100% guarantee whether your child will get work.
- Persistence and patience is the absolutely key to success.
- Professionalism will take you a long way. Train your child with manners and the right attitude in dealing with different types of people in the industry.
- You need good time management, as modelling can be time consuming.
- Modelling can be a wonderful experience for your child, but also take away some of their childhood.
- Make use of the social media platforms with a professional account, treat it like your website. You can self-promote your child with social media nowadays with sites like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. However, every mother that thinks their child is a star does that. Published the best photos of your child from their campaigns and shows, not personal photos. There are certain lines and privacies you want to keep. Not everyone has to pimp out their children being the mommy manager “mommyger”. With an agent you still get privacy and protect your child unless you know what you’re doing. Not everyone online is whom they say they are, be careful. When you’re emotionally attached, you don’t always see clearly or you’re just so focused on the dream you don’t see the flags. I’m all for positive thinking, see, believe it and all that.
Many people are making use of the free resources online like social media platforms. As a parent, you are their number 1 fan. Many parents post their child’s craft online without knowing that many people would love it. A number of child stars or child models have become social media and reality stars as their photos or videos go viral online.
With the right training and perseverance, surely your child could be the next rising star!